Isaiah 50:4 "The Lord God hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned."
It is said that one of the biggest problems in marriage is communication. So we need to ask this question:
- What is communication?
- Communication is "the art of imparting, conferring, or delivering form one to another; as the communication of knowledge opinions or facts." Men are generally more comfortable with facts and opinions while women are more comfortable wwith feelings or emotions.
- Communication is more than just speaking one with another. It can involve:
- Verbal tone.
- Body Language.
- Written communications.
- Your actions
- No response.
- Be careful in difficult times - Speaking your mind" is not always necessary. Ask yourself these questions. Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?
- It should involve the willingness to share your life with your mate. It should be an open relationship.
- You may not always agree. Learn to disagree agreeably.
- Remember that each of you is a three part being. You must learn to communicate while appreciating the total makeup of your loved one.
- Learn to be spiritual together.
- Learn to respect one another's emotions.
- Learn to look at things factually.
- Meet each other's physical needs.
- Remember this - Men and women are different.
- The man is usually more physical, stronger, has a lower resistance to pain and responds more to sight, sound and odor.
- The woman is usually more submissive, with a higher resistance to pain, and responds more to touch, feeling, and words.
Let us look at:
Proverbs 15:1,23,28,30; 16:1; 31:26;
James 3:15-18; 1 Peter 3:8-12;
Written by Dr. & Mrs. Bliss