This is undoubtedly the most asked question by those who would cast dispersions upon the reliability of the Bible. It was a question that W.J. Bryan could not answer satisfactorily during the infamous 1925 Scopes Monkey Trial. It is a question that has perhaps stirred up more debate around kitchen tables than any other question when the Bible is discussed and cussed. We don't even know this gal's name, but she has been brought up more times in conversations than any woman whose name is known. Atheists like Carl Sagan have used it as a double edged sword to try to shake the faith of those of who believe in Jesus Christ as Saviour. It has been used by the filthy Hollywood crowd to try to ridicule Christianity and the Bible. It is still used today by the rotten TV crowd to dissuade folks from believing God's word. Can you give a logical answer to the question? Hopefully, after this lesson, you will be equipped to give a logical answer to those who use this question in your presence. 1 Peter 3:15
- Is This Important?
- Were other "races" or peoples available outside what is mentioned in Genesis?
- If there were, then the Bible is not reliable.
- If there were, then the Gospel is not really good news.
- Romans 5:12 - "by one man..."
- 1 Corinthians 15:45 - The last Adam.
- 1 Corinthians 15:21-22 - Only Descendants of Adam can be saved.
- Acts 17:26 - All of us are related.
- Hebrews 2:11-18 - Jesus Himself became a man in order to save mankind.
- Cain wife was a descendant of Adam and Eve.
- Genesis 3:20 - "Mother of all living..."
- Genesis 2:21-24 - Eve was made from Adam's rib. Jesus referenced this in Matthew 19:4-6 as the foundation of marriage.
- Genesis 4 - Cain was the first child of Adam and Eve.
- Genesis 5:4 - Adam and Eve had many other children. Genesis 1:28
- Cain married a relative, probably his sister.
- You married a relative. We are all descendants of Adam and Eve and then later Noah and his three children, Shem, Ham and Japheth.
- Brother-sister intermarriage was not forbidden until Moses was given the law. Leviticus 18-20
- Genesis 20:12 - Abraham married his half sister.
- No close relatives should marry today because of the genetics involved. Genetic faults are more likely to occur in close relatives marrying.
- Genesis 4:17 - Note that is does not say that he found a wife in the land of Nod. It says that "he knew his wife." This is an expression that carries the connotation of having sexual relations with his wife.
- People lived a long time in those days and undoubtedly has lots of children during those long lives. Adam and Eve had considerable number of children during their long lives.
- People were very intelligent and capable of great inventiveness from the very beginning.
- We Must Trust God's Record Of History.
- Even if we don't understand, God's word is true and reliable.
Psalm 119:160 Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.
- We must not build our way of thinking on a secular world view, but let our minds be conformed to God's word. Romans 12:1-3
- Genesis is the only accurate history of what really happened. It is the word of God Who was there in the beginning, and Who is the only reliable witness of what really happened. Don't let some ignoramus posing as a scientist with a Ph.D. talk you out of believing in God and His word. Someone said it this way:"Upon a rock, yet uncreate, an uncreated Being sate
AMID A CHAOS, incohate. Beneath him rock, above him cloud
(And the cloud was the rock and the rock was the cloud) (Buddha!)
The rock then growing soft and warm, began to take a cloudy form;
A form CHAOTIC, vast and vague, which issued in the COSMIC EGG.
Then the Being (uncreate) upon the rock did incubate.
And thus became the incubator, and of the egg did allegate
And thus became the alligator. And the incubate was potentate,
But The Alligator Was Potentator!!"
1482 N. Ramah Dr.
Pueblo West, CO 81007